Ian and Danny met through mutual friend in Oklahoma. Jen and Danny met when they joined the same band in Ohio. Ian, Jen, and Danny met when we moved to Seattle in the summer of 2010, when we formed Seapony.
2) How do you work on your songs ?
In our apartment, away from prying ears, very late at night into the early morning.
3) Tell us your best, worst or weird (choose one or more) show experience ?
Once we played on a a flatbed trailer next to a biker bar in Texas. We tend to have good gigs when playing in Los Angeles and San Francisco. We recently traveled to Paris and it was one of the best shows ever.
4) What would you like for people to take from your music?
A peaceful easy feeling, like Don Henley has sometimes.
5) What are your upcoming projects ? the third lp was already on the way ?
We’d like to make something a little more frightening in a Jandek kind of way and are slowly working on this. Hopefully it will be ready in 2014.
6) What do you think of the current music scene and the music business?
It seems like it would have been better to be a band in the 60’s.
7) what books, films and albums have you been reading, watching and listening to? Anything to recommend to our readers?
« The Art of Happiness » by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
« Object of Beauty » by Steve Martin
« The Hidden Domain: Home of the Quantum Wave Function, Nature’s Creative Source » by Norman Friedman
Every Clint Eastwood movie ever made.
« New Morning » by Bob Dylan
« Mala » by Devendra Banhart
« Blind Joe Death » by John Fahey
We recommend any of those books or albums but not every Clint Eastwood movie.
8) if you can do a five track music playlist of your life what you going to put on them ?
« Out There » – Blake Babies
« Alone and Forsaken » – Hank Williams
« Confusion » – ELO
« A New Level » – Pantera
« Metal Heart » – Cat Power
all the band info on the lovely label Hardly Art